The Sous Chef is responsible for the planning and directing of food preparation in the kitchen as well supervising kitchen staff, and addressing problems that arise in the kitchen at a moment’s notice.
- Work with Executive Chef to create high quality dishes.
- Responsible for managing the kitchen staff in the absence of the Executive Chef.
- Ensuring high culinary standards are met.
- Track, record and replenish inventory as needed.
- Oversees and organizes kitchen stock and ingredients.
- Cross-train kitchen staff.
- Adhere to federal & state health, safety regulations.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of all food products.
- Assist kitchen staff to perform other duties.
- Respond to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years chef experience
- High school diploma or GED required.
- All applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Food handler’s certification required or ability to obtain one.
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation, operation and maintenance of kitchen equipment required.
- Basic knowledge of food preparation techniques.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work with cleaning chemicals.
- Must be able to tolerate areas with extreme heat and cold temperatures.
- Must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Strong organizational skills required.
- Must have attention to detail.
- Reading and math skills for recipes and measurement.
- Must be able to speak, read and write the English language.
- Must be willing to work weekends, holidays and any shift.
- Must be able to pass background check and receive a gaming license from the Robinson Rancheria Gaming Commission as required to work in gaming operations.
- Must pass an annual Title 31 exam.
AMERICAN INDIAN PREFERENCE
Robinson Rancheria Resort & Casino is a Native American Indian enterprise. In compliance with Title VII of the Civil Rights Act, preference for employment opportunities will be given to qualified tribal members of Robinson Rancheria.
POSTING DATE: March 09, 2022
CLOSING DATE: Until Filled.
To apply for this job please visit www.rrrc.com.